Healthy Foods for Weight Loss


   It's funny. When I talk to people about switching their diet for weight loss, most fall into one of two camps. The first group tends to think about taste and refers to the dietary switch with analogies like eating shoe leather and hay. The other group mostly focuses on portion size and feels as though they will need a microscope and tweezers to eat their meal. So, what are some good, healthy foods for weight loss that are filling and taste good?

As someone who enjoys southern cooking as much as a Kardashian likes making money just for having their picture taken, switching over to healthy, fulfilling foods that work with my palate has been a gradual process. But, to my surprise, there was a plethora of foods out there that I like. Before, I was just so busy working through the crust on my fried pork chops that I didn't take the time to expand my dietary horizons.
Foods like spinach, almonds, most fruit, red beans, sweet potatoes, salmon, tuna. Some of these I liked, but mostly ignored. Others, I just didn't want to try. Now, I like them all. And, I think most people would too, if they were combined in a great recipe. If you cook, there are tons of great recipes out there using healthy foods that taste fantastic! Just let your mouse click away on the web. Research a list of healthy foods and then look for recipes that have variations of those foods and a calorie count. Then, cook and enjoy.
You may be happy to know that even lean meats, cooked properly, are perfectly acceptable in many weight loss programs. So, don't fret so much about finding and enjoying healthy foods and losing weight. If this die hard southern fried meat eater can find plenty of appealing options, I feel certain anyone can.
I still have a resistance to broccoli and some peas, but that's OK. There are plenty of healthy foods I enjoy that fit my nutritional and dietary requirements for health and weight loss. I never thought I would ever eat, much less like, spinach. Now, I love it! I have it for a salad base as well as cooked and mixed with other things for a wonderful addition to any meal. Amazing what you can do with the right spices. Don't be afraid to experiment.
The list of foods that are both healthy and suitable for a weight loss program is longer than you might suspect. So, do a little research and don't be afraid to put something new on your fork. Be happy!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7488275

No comments:

Post a Comment