while the others completed three 45-minute runs, at 75% of their maximum heart rate, each week. The participants were encouraged not to otherwise change their diet.
Omega 3 and Weight Loss Benefits:
- Omega 3 fatty acids EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) lower your insulin levels, so the extra calories you eat are burned off for energy, instead of being stored as body fat
- Omega 3 oils are anti-lipogenic (block fat storage in your body) and increase your metabolic rate, so you burn body fat faster
- Omega three fatty acids suppress the production of cortisol, a stress-related hormone that also causes you to store vs. burn off extra calories
- Omega 3 fatty acids were proven to improve the blood flow to muscles during exercising, thus increasing your body’s ability to burn more fat
- A diet rich in omega 3 oils improves the blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia) so you have more energy (and drive) to workout
- Omega three fatty acids increase your body’s production of energy and the liver function - your fat-management organ